Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input impedance of parallel coupled line

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayyedjamal

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there
How do you calculate input impedance of to the attached configuration,
Thx in advance.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20210731_114453.jpg
    MVIMG_20210731_114453.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 105

I dont know very well.
You can start with calculating the s-parameters of the coupler first. Then, you may send 1 ∠0 into Port1 and solve for the reflected wave. Once you find the reflected wave, you can calculate the reflection coefficient and the input impedance.
By the way, the input impedance there is not something considered even or odd, it does not make sense for me.
You have loads at the other ports, I think we can not mention even/odd modes anymore.
Have you heard of commensurate lines, the line lengths should be fixed somewhere for convenience, you may fix it corresponding to quarter-wavelength. Otherwise, hand-calculation may become exhausting.

Hi there
How do you calculate input impedance of to the attached configuration,
Thx in advance.
Find the 4x4 ABCD matrix of the line. Apply the various loads as boundary conditions to reduce the matrix to a single value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back