Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input filter for receivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
for 400-470MHZ range ,I need pre-LNA filters with low loss(Max 1dB) and about 5-10MHZ bandwidth ,what filters can I use?

Preselect filters normally have wide bandwidth. If you can allow a wider bandwith, LC filter design would be the best choice and give you an insertion loss of less than 1 dB.

Added after 8 minutes:

By the way, what is your rejection requirement?

what kind of filter do you prefere?the firts choice is: flatted, sharp edge, delay group (for impulse use), for example i prefere use Ansoft Designer but Genesys is also good for the filter design

the last change is use a mini-circuits smd filter

I use filter solution software,
What filter type and order I should use for receiver design?(for pre-LNA filter)

Is there any material about filter design?

Hi,

You can also made the Bandpass filter by using highpass and lowpass filters in cascade. Sometimes it is easier to design wideband LC-type filter with good performance by cascading filters.

Regards

Erno

At those frequencies, discrete solutions can give you a very suitable results..
If you use discrete SMD high quality components from Murata, AVX, Johansson, Dielec Labs. etc, you can easily achieve 1dB or less insertion loss at that frequency.A Bandpass filter can be realized by using few components..
But make your layout first and then simulate it with components' equivalent circuits in ADS by applying EM Cosimulation feature to find "leaks and parasitics of your layout" to optimize your circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.