Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

input AC current (0-63A), output 0-10V DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ystad

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tr 3025-s

hallo all

i need some help

i want to messure ac current ( 0-63 ampere) with a current transformer

i want the output to be 0-10 volt DC

anyone?

PS. i´m a nubie in electronics, so go easy on me DS.

it's not clear to me what you are asking for, do you already have a current transformer and want to convert it's output to 0-10 Vdc? If so then what is your current transformer's specifications? (basically the output voltage:input current ratio) with this known you'll need to make a rectification circuit to transform it from AC to DC assuming that it's linear.

If you need to start from scratch which I don't recommend, then you'll need to make a current transformer which is basically a coil wound around a ferromagnetic core, usually circular in shape that loops around the conductor carrying the current you want to measure, depending on the number of wire loops in the coil and the coil radius a voltage and the core material a voltage will be induced on the ends of the coil that correspond to the current you want to measure, however claculating the number of turns is complex and requires good knowledge of electromagnetic, it will involve integrating the magnetic flux density resulting from the current to be measured over the cross sectional area of the core. The magnetic flux density itself will be calculated from another integral equation. Then there is the added problem of nonlinearity reulting from hystresis losses.

Thus I think you'd be better off buying a standard calibrated current transformer that you will find in many ranges. Most of these will come with all the additional circuitry to output a standard 0/2-10 V output or 0/4-20 mA that can easily be transformed to 0/2-10 V by adding a standard 500 ohm resistor in series. This will be suitable with all standard process controllers/PLCs.

I hope this will help you find a solution for your problem.

How about your current precision.
Buy a standard current transformer,or making it yourself,but need to test it's lineary or use table to mask it nonlineary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back