Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inline (simplified) schematic capture feature in forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Just curious as to how difficult it would be for forums such as edaboard to include a simple schematic capture feature in post options, like the mathematical symbols in 'go advanced' but for basic drawings to describe a circuit or explain an idea members could do on a pc or a phone. Hard or horrendous to write code for, I suppose?

If I was to post a schematic, I'd have developed
in the tool set(s) I already use, so just pasting a
.png from that source is fine for me.

Maybe referring to one of the more common free
tools (LTSpice? MicroCAP?) and spawning a viewer
to open a schematic attachment is more economical
of effort, than standing up Yet Another Schematic
Entry Tool and expecting everyone to learn it, yet
have none of the other benefits (netlist generation,
simulation control / output probing, etc.).

Hi,

Thanks. Your suggestion sounds better. I meant a very basic tool with maybe 30 of the most typical active and passive components, a sort of drag and drop/insert smiley thing: a V+ and V- and ground symbols, a DC and an AC voltage source symbol, a current source symbol, and a rudimentary way of drawing wires/connections that isn't infuriatingly bad. Something to explain a basic idea with only a few components and also to prevent those criminally awful crazy spaghetti pen drawings one or two people do (especially one person I'm thinking of). The wires would be hard to implement, presumably. Anything more complicated would be better done on personal choice editor and uploaded as jpg or png, as you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.