Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infra Red Detection in PICBasic

Status
Not open for further replies.

emavil

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rc5 picbasic

Hi, i'm building a simple remote controlled project consisting of 8 12v Relays. I'm using TSOP1738 IR receiver from Vishay Telefunken. I'm using PIC16F84A microcontroller and PICBasic Compiler. I got it from a junked VCD player. Is there anyone who knows how to intercept the coded signal from any IR transmitter? How do i control individual relays independently.

picbasic ir

Hi,

You mean that you want to build the IR reciver circuit and use a typical remote control to control the relays such as the TV's remote control. Or you want to build your own Tx and Rx?????

Regards,
Shohdy

picbasic rc5

Yep, an IR Receiver using PIC 16F84A. 8 relays are interfaced to PIC's PortB. I'm planning to use a univeral IR remote controller. As I press 1, relay #1 should activate, vice versa. I do not know how to get/decode the kind of information received by the IR Receiver.

pic16f84 tsop1738

The Sony protocol solution is to make a 0 bit a "space" that is .8 milliseconds long, a 1 bit is a "space" that is 1.2 ms long, and a start bit is a "space" that is 2.4 ms long. There is a pause of 0.68 ms between bits. So when the infrared pulses are being received, a 2.4 ms space pulse is recognized as a start pulse, a 1.2 ms space pulse is recognized as the 1, and a 0.8 ms space pulse is recognized as a 0.
Quoted from:
"A TV Remote Control Decoder"
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2004/03/30/1/
Codes for assorted remote controllers:
http://xi6.com/remotes/

Instead of PIC16F84 you can use PICAXE microcontroller (PIC with Basic interpreter) .. see attached picture ..

Regards,
IanP

picbasic ir decoder

that was a cool site. thank you very much....

Added after 7 minutes:

that method you gave, it is applicable to any type of IR Receiver?

Added after 14 minutes:

that method you gave me, is it applicable to any type of IR Receiver?

picbasic infrared

emavil said:
Hi, i'm building a simple remote controlled project consisting of 8 12v Relays. I'm using TSOP1738 IR receiver from Vishay Telefunken. I'm using PIC16F84A microcontroller and PICBasic Compiler. I got it from a junked VCD player. Is there anyone who knows how to intercept the coded signal from any IR transmitter? How do i control individual relays independently.

hi i am also doing this project now can u give me the details how u complted it

tsop 1738 picbasic

Have a go at this link. These circuits have been checked by me to work perfectly. More over, they are not the standard RC5 codes, so your board cannot be interfeared by other IR or RF transmitters.
h**p://jap.hu/electronic/codec.html

Status
Not open for further replies.