Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information regarding CAN Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

popat_panjaru

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all

right now some of my frds are doing their project regarding to CAN Microcontroller bt i dont have any idea abt this...

can anybody send me some details regarding to CAN Microcontroller...

is it advantageous than PIC OR AVR?

can microcontroller wikipedia

Hi!
CAN is a communication protocol based on the differential bus it is not a different microcontroller.There are lot of microcontrollers by different manufacturers that have built in CAN module e.g Microchip,Atmel, Phillips etc.
Crrently i m using PIC18F4580 in one of my projects.It is a really nice chip with built in CAN module.
If u need code then i can send it to u.

Regards.

canbus pic18f4580

hi

thanks for ur comment

plz send me some more details abt CAN Microcontroller and also that code which u told

it might be more useful to me at the time of learning of CAN

thanks in advance

Popatlal Panjarawala

Re: CAN Microcontroller

if u like to use pic mcu u can use pic18f452 or 18f458 and i attached a cod example of can module writed in ccs c.

Attachments

• 00713a_1520.pdf
    141.6 KB · Views: 76

Dallas have some of the microcontroller that based for ethernet and CAN. Maybe you can do with it. This the datasheet of that microcntroller:

you can built a CAN module wuth your microcontroller but it will take some loading from the controller all the basic information required to know about CAN you can get from www.esacadmy.com and follow the link Online Training

www.microchip.com has the latest PIC chips and design. u can always visit the site to get more information.

where can i get basic introduction about CAN protocol

Added after 1 minutes:

does the introduction to MICROCHIP document provide enough introduciton to CAN

Check this out. It's a basic introduction to CAN

popat_panjaru said:
hi

thanks for ur comment

plz send me some more details abt CAN Microcontroller and also that code which u told

it might be more useful to me at the time of learning of CAN

thanks in advance

Popatlal Panjarawala

CAN per se is not a microcontroller. It's just a communication protocol (designed as an integrated circuit (IC)). It's implemented in a microcontroller as a peripheral with in-build support (by way of SFRs)

Chech this out for more info. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller_Area_Network
You may check the links down. Some are very useful!

Added after 59 seconds:

This is another document by microchip

Added after 2 minutes:

This is anothe document by microchip: Controller Area Network (CAN) Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back