Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

information for micro controller and relay board

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaMoors

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am fairly new to the electronic hobby thing, except for my CNC project. But alas, onto bigger and better things. I have obtained a couple of PCB from a fancy coffee making machine. Seems to be German in origin. Board 1, imprinted on the back is MVO 94v-0 E198752 03 13 no. 1T310'034. On the other board, the one with the relays is imprinted. Feron AG Ecolino EVLP V1-04r0
s/n.09-2008 21017. Cannot find any data sheets on the web. Would like to know the pinouts for all the cable connections. I think this could be used to control lights, fans and solenoids. Am I on the right track?
thanks PBCs 001.jpg

Gosh, thanks John, this is a real cracker jack forum. I guess I’ll just through that crap in the trash.

sorry i cant help with info needed.....it could have been custom made kit, only available to the vendor.....so i doubt you will find a datasheet anywhere.

-also, it could well be a companys IP, so to speak, and they wont share it with anyone else.

If you want to turn lights, fans , solenoids etc on/off then transistor switchs are smaller and cheaper.

if you want to control current in a solenoid efficiently, then a switch mode solenoid driver is needed.

i can't see why a coffee machine needed so many relays.........but maybe there was an isolation requirement between the activiating circuit and the actuating circuit.

Relays aren't that great as switches, they corrode eventually, they often need a minimum current to stop corrosion of the contacts. relays also tend to be expensive.
But relays do offer a low contact resistance i suppose......but fets are also low.

relays also bounce on contacting....whereas fets dont

Last edited:

Thanks for the response eem2am, I’m sure you know of what you speak, so that makes one of us, like I stated I’m real new here. The boards came out of an espresso machine and from what I have been able to find out so far I thought perhaps with everything it controls it might work out for what I would like to accomplish. Just recently having retired I would like to supplement my income by taking one of my hobbies to the next step. I raise bromeliads, and they are kind of a finicky plant. I thought if I could automate and eventually control remotely from a PC I could still travel and babysit the plants and get to the point where I could start selling them at the local flea market and craft shows. Well thanks again, it was just a thought. By the way I have looked into some control systems that would do the job but she isn’t going to let me through a couple of G’s at a whim.

SeaMoors:

You are better off starting afresh with an internal Relay/VmosFET board for your PC or a USB breakout box. Definitely won't cost more than 150 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.