Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about slack in clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith_kang

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
information about SLACK

hi
i want to know about slack in case of clock.when we synthesise the circuit it gives negative slack and shows constraints not met.
it this means that negative slack is not good for design and we should have positive slack or something else.
plz clearify this.if i'm wrong then correct me

regards

Re: information about SLACK

Hi,
sure -ve slack is NOT good, basically slack tells u the timing or frequency margin u have, -ve slack means your design doesnt meet the timing requirments u specify, either lower the operating frequency or change your design.

thanks
sawaak

Re: information about SLACK

SLACK: Difference between required value of timing parameter and actual value. A
negative slack means that there is a timing violation. A positive slack means that the constraint for the timing parameter is satisfied.

See the attached document.. it gives u a basic introduction to Timing analysis..

/File is deleted. Better use link insted of file:
**broken link removed**
(klug)/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back