Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about RF transceivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

v_sriram

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Members,
I was looking to implement a wireless signal transmission in my project.
Basically, I am just looking to replace the wiring between my signal sensor and the control unit (they're about 50m apart) with RF. I was looking at RF transceivers for the same. Could you please tell me whether it is easy to implement such wireless schemes without much knowledge about the technology itself. If yes, then where do I start off.

This is my first post, so please excuse me in case the topic is repeated or inappropriately expressed.

Thank you
Sriram
:)

Thank you, but I would like a low cost solution to my low cost project (Considering that transceivers cost just about $3).

Added after 1 hours 58 minutes:

Well I think I've finally found a pretty simple and inexpensive solution. Silicon labs provides a simple transceiver IC for ISM - SI4420. Could anyone please suggest whether this or any similar IC could solve my purpose.

**broken link removed**

v_sriram

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks everyone for the help. The nordicsemi.com website has extensive information about RF transceivers in its app notes and white papers section. I think I will be able to get on with it now.

v_sriram

you have an almost full picture on what today's availabla as RF IC for short range communications and low data rate.

SiLab, with the acquisition of Integration associates, has a very good product in the sub 1 GHz range, the one you mentioned.

Nordic has the real strenght in 2.4 GHz band (those ICs are used mainly in PC accessories applications.

The only one missing, amog the latest products available, is TI/Chipcon CC1101/CC1111 in the sub 1 GHz band or CC2510 in the 2.4 GHz band.

So the first choice to make is the frequency band to use and data rate, then you can have a large spectgrum of available products, with/wiithout embedded uC & Flash.

I hope it can help.

Mazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back