Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about IRDA interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpsingh

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys
how will interfacing irda communication

Re: irda

Hi

From the hardware point of view you need a IRDA transciever from for.ex. Avago, Vishay etc.
If your serial port isnt IRDA compatibel i.e. 3/16 encode/decode you can use a interface chip like Avago HSDL-7002 or Vishay TOIM4243

You can find much information at www.irda.org

vpsingh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

hi jzo777n
thanks for reply
can you give circuit diagram for MCP2155(IRDA Encoder/decoder) interfaced with at89s51.

vpsingh wrote:
can you give circuit diagram for MCP2155(IRDA Encoder/decoder) interfaced with at89s51.

I can provide you with a circuit diagram for the MAX3131(IrDA Encoder/Decoder).

If you want it, just ask.[/b]

hi seadolphine2000

thanks for reply
yes i want circuit diagram for the MAX3131(IrDA Encoder/Decoder)interfaced with at89s51.

please send it

You can just use a modified version of a software UART to do the same job, but instead it toggles the TRIS of a hardware PWM pin on a micro controller...

Depending on the receiver, upto 1200 baud is no real issue. Not sure what the TRIS is referred too on an AVR, but for a PIC it’s the input/output control of a pin

microchip provides many application notes, u can search in microchip site

Status
Not open for further replies.