Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about image sensors for digital camera design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa2004

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
digital camera design?

july 27, 2004

I am a computer engineer and I want to know some information about the image sensor products. I want to make a digital camera project. I want to know some technical information about:
1- The interfacing between a CMOS image sensor and a PIC micro controller.
2- How to choose a lens to use it with the camera.

I want also to know the image sensor prices and if I want to buy a sample, what will I do? I will be also grateful if you reply me soon.
Best regards
Mostafa

Re: digital camera design?

Oh please don't do this at home kid ;)
I think it is too hard to cope with the optics, not to talk about all else.
The simplest camera should have exposure evaluation,some .jpg compression,USB interface,driver for PC etc.
It is not a one-person task.
However,this just an opinion.

thank u for ur reply
but i donot want to do a very good camera just a simple one that can be connected to the computer via USB or parallel port ,
i donot think that this is a hard task , i saw some people do it on the internet ,they were undergraduate students So if any one have a simple design or sites to show that please send it
best regards
mostafa

hummm maybe the projects you saw in the internet were re-build from others cameras. It's not that easier, even if it's a low quality camera you should use a DSP microprocessor, some memory to buffer the samples, something for USB communication... also you have to know how to write all the algorithms (DSP, microprocessor, USB interface, etc...). So if they did it from scratch even if they are undergraduate, they should be very skilled in DSP, and video processing.

You can try taking parts from a web-cam or something like that, and add some memory modules and stuff...

Analog Device's BLACKFIN DSP is a very good choice to build the digital camera with USB and other interfaces.

thank u for ur reply . can u give me sites for DSP and how to use it ?
waiting for ur reply
mostafa

we use ADSP-BF533 EZ-KIT
see this phorum h**p://w*w*w.blackfin.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=184&t=184

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back