Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about H.264 decoder design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: H.264 decoder

why just so many companies begin to design H.264?

quake said:
why just so many companies begin to design H.264?

Because it has much better compression ratio for the same quality in comparison to others standards. I watched movie compressed by H.264 - it had better quality than DivX and 15% smaller file size.

Ace-X.

hi. what about ic design houses in US or Euro? how many of them are working on it or have already produced their products? Or are they still watching the market?

There are some h. 264 IEEE papper
1. Hardware architecture design for H.264/AVC intra frame coder
Yu-Wen Huang; Bing-Yu Hsieh; Tung-Chien Chen; Liang-Gee Chen;
Circuits and Systems, 2004. ISCAS '04. Proceedings of the 2004 International Symposium on , Volume: 2 , 23-26 May 2004
Pages:II - 269-72 Vol.2

2. Analysis and design of macroblock pipelining for H.264/AVC VLSI architecture
Tung-Chien Chen; Yu-Wen Huang; Liang-Gee Chen;
Circuits and Systems, 2004. ISCAS '04. Proceedings of the 2004 International Symposium on , Volume: 2 , 23-26 May 2004
Pages:II - 273-6 Vol.2

3.Fully utilized and reusable architecture for fractional motion estimation of H.264/AVC
Tung-Chien Chen; Yu-Wen Huang; Liang-Gee Chen;
Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 2004. Proceedings. (ICASSP '04). IEEE International Conference on , Volume: 5 , 17-21 May 2004
Pages:V - 9-12 vol.5

hello, gooodman. Can i share some copies of those papers is you have? Thanks

Hi, all
enjoy it.

It seems a good papers. Try to download it

gooodman said:
Hi, all
enjoy it.

Hi, gooodman!
I seek this doc:
Analysis, fast algorithm, and VLSI architecture design for H.264/AVC intra frame coder
Yu-Wen Huang Bing-Yu Hsieh Tung-Chien Chen Liang-Gee Chen
Dept. of Electr. Eng., Nat. Taiwan Univ., Taipei, Taiwan;
This paper appears in: Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, IEEE Transactions on
Publication Date: March 2005
Volume: 15, Issue: 3
On page(s): 378- 401
ISSN: 1051-8215
INSPEC Accession Number: 8328995
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/TCSVT.2004.842620

Can you help me, plz?

Hi, gooodman

The pdf files can not be downloaded.

David

Hi,
To incorporate audio with H.264 you have to use a container format like MP4 (MPEG4 Part 14) or Matroska and some audio codec. When only video is required we can use H.264 raw format. There are softwares like H.264 reference software(http://iphome.hhi.de/suehring/tml/download/) or x264 which can generate raw H.264 format. To add audio to it we have to put audio (from some codec) and H.264 stream in to a container.

Matroska will be a better option for this. Because its free, it can add features like sub-titles of different languages, may be even different audio tracks of different languages, chapters, etc .... And for all this you don't have to format it like DVD ,but you can keep it as a single file. Try **broken link removed** (its not in H.264).

eexuke said:
Hi,
Although I know H.264 is a pure video coding standard,sxqzj's question has reminded me. Since H.264 is a potential coding standard for HDTV,it must be cooperated with some audio signals. How can H.264 be integrated with some other audio codec standards?

Thanks in advance!

search solution for PAFF interlaced with VLC

cannot decode French TV stream

6 * F

Another good paper that you can use: Overview of the H.264/AVC Video Coding Standard, ThomasWiegand, Gary J. Sullivan, Senior Member, IEEE, Gisle Bjøntegaard, and Ajay Luthra, Senior Member, IEEE

interested in this yield ,and only one is not enough

can any one help me to write code for dct (h264) in verilog that must be mapped into altera fpga........

Hi
I need ip core of Deblocking Filter.
Do you help me?
thanks.

Added after 5 minutes:

Hi
I need details of "Deblocking filter" algorithm for Hardware Implementation
Do u help me ?
thanks.

H.264 decoder

Dear all,
I have uploaded an entire H.264/AVC baseline decoder core to opencores website. All the source codes (verilog), specifications, and test materials are completed. This core has been both FPGA and ASIC verified.

**broken link removed**

Please feel free to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back