Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about db25 pin connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy G

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i am building the art2003 programmer and it says to connect to computer with a db25 connector
i am confused with the drawing of the db25 connector
when it shows the pin connections does it mean the front view or the back side solder tags view?
In the circuit diagram is it showing the connections to the solder tags at the back side or is it the front side view of the db25 connector?
thanks!

Re: db25 pin connections

No one knows the drawing that you talk about since you didn't provide any link.
DB25 has the pin numbers printed on it anyway but check this link DB-25
the male and female are different, in the link above the pin numbers are shown from the front side not the solder side.

Another link is Tech Info - RS232 Cables and Wiring
this is also viewed from the front side.

Alex

Like this.........................

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/67_1307202887.jpg
67_1307202887_thumb.jpg

KAK

Last edited by a moderator:

if you see the inside of the connector (pins side) you can see the numbering of the pins.. the same is when you see it through the soldering side of the connector.....

Hi ! alexan_e
thanks for the link which clearly says viewed from the pin side not the solder side
sorry, about the drawing , i am a newbie to this forum , i thought i had uploaded an image of the circuit diagram but it seems to have vanished!!

Attachments

• FDart2003.jpg
    FDart2003.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 80

you are using a schematic designing application , the pin numbers are not shown in the position they are in a real plug footprint, there is no need for that because the schematic representation is not an accurate representation of the component footprint, only a pcb design software uses the exact footprint of components.
The schematic symbol is just a shape that has the same number of pins as the device it represents , the position they have is irrelevant, you connect it based on the pin number indicators.

Alex

Hi! ckshivaram
yes the pin numbers are indeed written on the connector ! I required a magnifying glass to see it
bingo!! no confusion !!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.