Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about ARM7 and ARM9 processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetosa

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some 'naive' questions abour ARM mcu's. I have the TMS470R1A128 from Texas Instruments. It's an ARM7 processor, correct? I read the datasheet but I didn't manage to conclude how many ports it has!!? Does anybody know?
Also, what ARM7? A 'light' version of ARM? And ARM9? The 'full' one?
Also I'm thinking of building a small computer with LCD screeen and keyboard and some Operating system using TMS470, or maybe later some ARM9. Does anybody know where I could find some information, schematics etc. about such a project?
Thank you in advance for your responce.

Added after 1 minutes:

Also how about prices? Do you know any prices for ARM7 and ARM9 from any company?

Re: ARM questions

**broken link removed**

Re: ARM questions

Samsung has some ARM chips, such as S3C2410, S3C44B0X, S3C4510...the price is much cheaper than TI's product. Philips has also ARM SOC chips with internal memories, about $3, but no external bus.

mike

-------------------------------------------------
https://www.ezpcb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.