Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info Pascall WM500 Radio Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sopwith

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if anybody has any information on this modem. It was bought for a project in 1997 but never used but somebody has managed to borrow!! the manual and it is now lost. We would like to use this modem now but need information on the dip switch settings. I have contacted Pascall but they sold the rights to produce this modem to another company(Pentagram Technical Services) that has since gone belly up and Pascall could'nt/would'nt help. The main body of the modem is a Pascall Synthesised Radio Transceiver PX400-25 Mk2 this incorporates a 6 way dip switch marked switch1 LSB---switch5 MSB and switch6 SER/PAR, there is another 14 switches consisting of a dip8 and a dip6, there is no printed information about these switches apart from normal dip switch marking. If anybody has any information on how to set up this modem or even an educated guess from experience with other modems I would grateful for the info. Thanks

partial help

You can do some reverse engineering if no one here has the information you need. Open the box and see where the traces go from the swithces. I suspect some of them go to a digital area and probably set the serial bit rate etc. Some others probably go the the RF radio area and set the frequency and possibly the power level. Look for the IC model numbers. The data sheets will probably give you more clues.

Thanks but the pcb only contains the 14 dip switches a 2 way jumper, trimpot, volt reg and wiring to the computer side everthing else including the RF connector is contained within the PX400 which is a self contained unit apart from pin outs.

Long shots some times work even after many years
I have a copy of the manual
Do you still need any information, or have you long since lost interest ?

sopwith

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You are right long shots sometimes work. I have just looked at this modem again and I googled to see if I could come up with some info on it and found my old message and your reply. Yes I am still interested in the manual, I hope you still have that copy and can share it with me.

Robert

Copy of manual sent by private email

sopwith

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back