Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info for thesis on WiMAX implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabbirahmad

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello i am new to this forum and stumbled upon it quite by accident. I am currently trying to start a Thesis on "WiMAX implementation and Link Budgeting" and sadly enough i have no idea about WiMAX. Could somebody direct me on what to read up on? So far i have realized and learned

1.What is WiMAX
2. Advantages of WiMAX

These are what i need to know..
1. Which modulation does WiMAX use?...ANSWERED
2. a block diagram kinda thing of how it really works...starting from start to end user...ANSWERED
3. any equations i might need to know...ANSWERED

Thanks a lot for reading this...i await your reply.

EDIT: will add more info once i get em..if anyone wants to read the small collection of data i have made in a word file pm me :D i will email it to you.

thesis topics on wimax

sabbirahmad said:
Hello i am new to this forum and stumbled upon it quite by accident. I am currently trying to start a Thesis on "WiMAX implementation and Link Budgeting" and sadly enough i have no idea about WiMAX. Could somebody direct me on what to read up on? So far i have realized and learned

1.What is WiMAX
2. Advantages of WiMAX

These are what i need to know..
1. Which modulation does WiMAX use?...ANSWERED
2. a block diagram kinda thing of how it really works...starting from start to end user...ANSWERED
3. any equations i might need to know...ANSWERED

Thanks a lot for reading this...i await your reply.

EDIT: will add more info once i get em..if anyone wants to read the small collection of data i have made in a word file pm me :D i will email it to you.

I suggest you start understanding OFDM, even briefly will do. Since your project has to do with planning, try to find a good book regarding network planning, and read it. (even if you find a good book on GSM, that should do).

Try to learn Propagation models, Wireless channel etc

Cover them first.... you can always ask more help

------------------------------------------------------------
groups.yahoo.com/group/telecom_research

thesis wimax

Hi,

If you are using Matlab 2009a, you may find a complete Simulink model for

IEEE® 802.16-2004 OFDM PHY Link, Including Space-Time

Best wishes

Ahmed

block diagram of wimax

in my project...i need to design a simulator to estimate the capacity and the troughput with varying number of user...i need to know which coding scheme that BS used...BPSK,QPSK,16QAM or 64QAM?...
if there any equation that i can used?

block diagram of wimax

what the value of wimax ofdm wavelenght?...
thank you..

thesis wimax implementation

Wimax BS uses adaptive modulation, the coding scheme used will depends upon the signal strength available to the user, varying from QAM( most throughput least tolerent) to QPSK(least throughput best error tolerence)...What exactly u want to calculate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back