Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info for a data logger project

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom12sg

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Anyone did any data logging project (something like commerical available pico32) or have any article project on such to share. I was thinking of building one to sample battery voltage consumption throughout the day of a device.
I was thinking of using a PIC controller with 12-bits external ADC converter and interface to PC using RS232 for data logging and display. Any available or written program on the pc side to share with as i don't have a good knowledge on window programming. Saw in internet in the past that there are some available shareware on visual panel to interface with for display purpose on the pc, anyone know or have any idea on it. Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tom

display data logger project

Hi

Search EPE magazine thay use to have a PIC project DATA logger with 8 channel and a VBasic program to control it via PC

I think in 2003 year Or 2004 not sure

All the best

Bobi

Re: data logger project

First I want to say hallo to everybody since i'm new here ... (and excuse my bad englesh)

Here in www.mcu-bg.com (dont bother to read .. it's in bulgarian ;) ) ... are developing a open sorce/hardware low cost 16-chanel data-loger ...

The data loger will be based on FPGA (for controling the staic 1MB RAM and sampleing modes ... ) and a AVR (ATMega16 .. for loading the FPGA and downloading the data sample) ... the data transfer between the PC<>Data-loger will be whit USB (FT2232 chip ... one chanel for the MCU and one for the FPGA)

Here is the block diagram of the data-loger:

**broken link removed**

Also there will be some nice software writen for it ... (for analizing the loget data, loading new core's, configurating the loging modes .... and so on)

**broken link removed**

I will be glad after finishing the project to post it here ... :)

Re: data logger project

the EPE Article was 2 parts aug 1999 & sept 1999.i just made it but i'am having problems getting it to run right

Status
Not open for further replies.