Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info about experience with C to HDL compilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4Cheema

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I want to gather information,experience about C to hdl compilers

Blue Spec
Auto Pilot
Micro C
Impulse C
Catapult C
ROCCC
All they are commercial except ROCCC

Kindly add your ideas and experience

Thanks

hdl compiler

First i won't called them COMPILERS ..They are HDL code synthetizers .A lot has to be INFERED from a piece of code .A compiler just replaces equivalent control structures. Here parallel structures have to be infered from sequential ones .

I use catapult .This is a very sofisticated program .Unfurtunatly is very expensive .So i only have an early version .But After a short learning curve i'm able to synthetize complex algorithms . I 'm working on a Guruswami Sudan algorithm .And there is a section called RothRuckenstein factorizer .Well this is easly written in c in a Recurrent form . But Catapult is not able to synthetize recurrent structures .SO I'M IN TROUBLE!

c hdl compiler

Hi

Two problems

1. My answer to your question
the best is "Catapult C"
2. You must consider systemcC to HDL and matlab to HDL too. If you are interested I may give more details and guidance.

tnx

hdl compilers

I recommend PICO of Synfora.

c compiler hdl

Thanks
Is there any one who have experienced open source c to hdl synthesizer ;)
I am using ROCCC but finding some errors while compiling .....

catapult c, impulse c

Can you please give pros and cons in the light of your experience using those tools
For which purpose are they using it hardware design ,software design or both

I recommend PICO of Synfora.
1. My answer to your question
the best is "Catapult C"
2. You must consider systemcC to HDL and matlab to HDL too. If you are interested I may give more details and guidance.

As far as I experienced there is not any perfect tool in the market and some genesis don't like idea to use c to hdl

Thanks

Re: C to HDL compiler

You must consider systemcC to HDL and matlab to HDL too. If you are interested I may give more details and guidance
Kindly provide guidance regarding SystemC to hdl (tools++)
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back