Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info about creating VGA controller for XUPV2P board

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

i want to experiment in creating VGA controller for my XUPV2P board..

first i need to know some links about VGA,SVGA,XSGA... or anything like that? please say me such links, i did google a lot, but did not find a lot of good technical literature..

also, i think i will get some very cheap old VGA monitor.. will i be able to play with it and my board?

and how will it differ to output graphics on LCD monitor and SVGA montior? or VGA?

thanks

xupv2p and vga

do i have to generate RGB and HSYNC and VSYNC for LCD monitor with 15dsub connector also? if i want to start with simple VHDL VGA code programming do i need to get CRT monitor? or LCD monitor will also work?

i stil cannot find any simple VHDL code which will just output simple line or dot.. do you have something?

XUPV2P and VGA

The analog input connector of an ordinary LCD computer monitor needs the same RGB and sync signals as a CRT monitor.

I don't have any VHDL examples, but if you can read Verilog, I wrote a small simple module that displays an ASCII character alphabet on an ordinary CRT or LCD monitor at 800x600 resolution. Maybe it will help you.

Later in that discussion is a version that displays characters typed from a keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back