Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info about Cisco Certificate exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cisco Certificate

try this out. u must know this stuff.

**broken link removed**

i also came across this site.
http://www.routersim.com/

and this guy's website...
http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/
i am also thinking about this guy's study kit but im kinda low on budget right now..

hope this all helps.

good luck with ur career buddy.

leekk8

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Cisco Certificate

you can accept all of test and simulator from emule

Cisco Certificate

whats the overall course feee 4 CCNA (approx)....is it useful after M.Tech. also....if we want to work in communication area.....

Added after 1 minutes:

how much time it will take to prepare...when willm be the exams????

mathuranathan said:
Its better to self-study rather than joining a course to attend CCNA exam. You will get indepth knowledge only thro self study.

Start with the following books for basic understanding of networking.
1) Data communication networking by Ferozan
2) TCP/IP by Dougles E. Comer. ( Just first 6 chapters are enough)

Then go through anyone of the following study materials
1) CCNA preparation guide by Wendell Odom - Cisco Press Publication (recommended)
2) CCNA guide by Todd lamelle - Sybex Publication - (If your intension is to just pass the CCNA exam rather than getting good knowledge - read this book alone)

Go through the Testking materials for atleast 10 days before writing the exam.

EXAM DATE : There is no specified date for the exam. If you feel confident enough to fix it , just go to the Prometric Test center and register a date for the exam according to your convenience. In India it costs around 7000 Rs ( during the year 2005 , I am not sure abt the fee now).

FOR MTECHs :CCNA is just an introduction to networks. IT is useful for network protocol stack developers.It is not that essential for MTECHs in communication engineering. If u have CCNA , then it may help u in your work sometimes. For MTECHs in communication options are many. You may get into algorithm development , communication architecture implementation, coding theory . In these cases Having CCNA won't count.

Very nice contribution, dear mathuranathan. Did you obtain your CCNA by self-studying?

I hear that CCNP exam cannot be self-studied. How true is that?

I think CCNP is stronger than CCNA and it's more expensive and for Router Simulator I think I have the software that is for Cisco application if any one want it send to me an E-mail

Hi everyone, whoever said that CCNP can not be self-study is lying, though it might be a little bit difficult if you have not configure or at least see where it has been configure before. I am currently taking the third CCNP exam this week, and I self- study for all the exams I have taken so far right from the CCNA level. For those who have not configure a router/switch before I wil suggest that they get hold of some video tutorials that shows some real-time router configuration, some of which can be found at **broken link removed** and after listening to the tutorials and reading the study guides, practice designing network and configuring routers using the boson netsim simulation that can be found on the site I gave above. That should be enough to take and pass the exam which is how I have been preparing for the exams myself. Oh don't forget get some pass4sures and testking and practise the old past question, they will help you a lot.
Babinton

better to self-study rather than joining a course to attend CCNA exam

Hello leekk8,

If you wants to do network engineering than you are going in a right way CCNA. CCNA is the first step for network engineering. I have a suggestion for you that you can try this site certxpert.com to pass your CCNA exam my brother also passed this exam with the help of this site.

hey guys
i hav done CCNA in IIHT ..... We hav many stimulators like GNS3 ,boson,cisco paket tracer.....
more practical is needed to understand........ otherwise d syllbus is boring..........

Re: cisco certification malaysia

Hello,
i am much interested in computer line . i am planning to do hardware and networking course . it is helpful for me . i want to discuss with to you all that CISCO certification will be best for me . because CISCO introduce so many course like CCNA CCNP and CCIE. and it is very famous in open market. we have so many scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.