Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

influency in results by mesh, dimension and frecuency

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandruska

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hy, I want to know, what's is the influency due to ports dimension's in analisis of microstrip lines like filter in HFSS 9.0, thus like the influency that has in the result's the election of determinated solution frequency in Discrete Frequency Sweeps.
Moreover I would like to know if is determinant the election of initial mesh in the results

thanks

you should choose the mesh according to the accuracy u want. Although the default HFSS mesh should be sufficient, a finer mesh will produce improved results. It depends on your computer. I would suggest you use the finer mesh u possibly can, especially if you are interested in radiation patterns and beamwidth

sandruska said:
Hy, I want to know, what's is the influency due to ports dimension's in analisis of microstrip lines like filter in HFSS 9.0, thus like the influency that has in the result's the election of determinated solution frequency in Discrete Frequency Sweeps.
Moreover I would like to know if is determinant the election of initial mesh in the results

thanks
the critia of port dimension is the port boundary condition (generally the boundary condition of the waveport are PEC unless you specified)didnt spoil the field distribution of the microstripe's fileld distribution(for wave port), and the exsitance of the port didnt affect the field distribution pattern too much(for lumped port).
Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back