Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductors/inductance on the microscopic level question

Status
Not open for further replies.

azaz104

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,
for all you physic veterans, i know this may come easy to you, but for
electrical engineers, the things may not come as easy.
My question lies within the area of inductor/inductance analysis.
although I know nothing about quantum physics, but I would appreciate someone giving a scientific explanation, with strong mathematics about looped wires with sinusoidal currents passing through them, not the all time explanation that inductors' reactance increases with frequency, and lenz's law.......
can anyone point me to a good article - long elaborating one- about this.

-Bassel

azaz104 said:
looped wires with sinusoidal currents passing through them,

Hello,

Would you explain better how you mean the looped wires? The best would be to draw even a freehand sketch in Windows built-in Paint program, this would help also others here to understand exactly your wire arrangement?
Maybe a single turn solenoid?
I do not mean I will be able to give you a precise answer but then the chance increases when I can understand your wire setup just like you have in your head :| or maybe we can see such wire setup somewhere on the web?

unkarc

you might want to do some search on google. There are plenty of good article on this. Here is one that I found useful. Mostly likely you will need tools such as ADS or HFSS.

Good luck
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.