Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductors frm diff. mftrs, how close they're matched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

powersys

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I downloaded some design examples of dc-dc converter from National Semiconductor and Linear Technology. My problem is that I could not find the inductors used in the designs in my country. However, I can purchase inductor manufactured by Murata and C&D Technology through Farnell-Newark in my country.

1) Based on your experience, how close two inductors (frm different manufacturers) are matched?
2) If they're not matched, what are the typical differences between them?
3) What should I take into consideration to find for a suitable replacement (frm other manufacturers) for the inductors mentioned in the design document?

Thanks.

1) Based on your experience, how close two inductors (frm different manufacturers) are matched?
will, i think it must be matched;so why should they call it a substitute , if it doesn't match.:idea:

Elements like resistors, capacitors and inductors are produced in specific tolerance class. It could be 1%, 2%, 5%, 10% or even 0.1% or 20%. Smaller is the tolerance closer is the value of element to the nominal value.

the wore "matching" may have different meaning, there're different types of matching; usually it's much easier to get matched components if they are made in the same process under the same conditions, and it will be more difficul to get matching components after that (matching to first group in the previous process). but anyway, mismatch can be negligible depending on application requirements..

Regards,
Ahmad,

Status
Not open for further replies.