Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductor source degenareted LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

altug

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

I'm trying to desing a inductor source degenareted LNA which its topology can be found in Tom lee 's book.
I was wondering why we should tuned out the output. I know the reason actually , to increase the gain. But how does Ldrain do this? With CL of the next stage it should be resonate to achieve the maximum gain . At resonance frequency output is thus pure ohmic .. what it is the purpose of doing this?

thanks for the answer..

altug said:
hello,

I'm trying to desing a inductor source degenareted LNA which its topology can be found in Tom lee 's book.
I was wondering why we should tuned out the output. I know the reason actually , to increase the gain. But how does Ldrain do this? With CL of the next stage it should be resonate to achieve the maximum gain . At resonance frequency output is thus pure ohmic .. what it is the purpose of doing this?

thanks for the answer..
o/p capacitance usedto represent the load next stage is(or load is MOSFET) that oxide layer produce capacitance effect. so output represented by a capacitor. inductor is used for band width enhancement

Hello,
Also I would like to know what Zout shoul be of my LNA . If its off chip most probably its 50 Ohm but if it on chip it is not necessary to be 50 ohm but how can I know the exact value?

Status
Not open for further replies.