Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor Simulation with current

Status
Not open for further replies.

beorza

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody

Question: I designed a helical inductor 130uH with the range of current from 0ADC to 35ADC I tested that inductor in the workbench and I got the chart how the inductance decreases with the current. With this chart I got the equation of that curve L(uh)= 130-55*((tanh(x/15)^4). I followed the LTspice example " Flux= 1m*thanh(5*x).
I added my equation to the model "Flux=130u -55u*pow(tanh(x/15),4)". Unfortunately the chart I got from LTspice is opposite (curve is going up). Do you have any idea what I missed or did I make something wrong?

I really appreciate you help

Thank you very much and have a wonderful day

Just a suggestion - maybe that chart show reactance instead of inductance ?

Just a suggestion - maybe that chart show reactance instead of inductance ?
Thank you for your answer

This is the equation I have for my coil, Flux=14u-4u*(pow(tanh(x/49),4))
If I put that one in the boost converter it gives and output value larger (more then 10V) than I expected. it is a boost converter from 3.3 V to 5.0 V. If I multiply by -1 , Flux=-14u+4u*(pow(tanh(x/49),4)) it works. I do not understand why, supposedly LTspice should take the original equation.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back