Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor equivalent circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonaiko

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know that practically each inductor has a series resistor and a parallel capacitor. Their values depend mainly on the layout and the technology used to model the inductor.

My question is that as an estimation, I need to know the values for these series resistance and the capacitor to help me simulate inductors with better accuracy. Right now I do not want to go through layout.

The technology I am using is 0.18um CMOS. How much as estimation should I expect the resistance to be for each 1nH?
Like around 1~5ohm?
or 50~100ohm?
or 0.1~0.5ohm?

Also how much capacitance for each 1nH?
1fF?
10fF?
100fF?
1pF?

HI

it really depend on the technology you are using. and u can calculate some typical values from Q factor and self resonance freq of inductors in published paper

for ex in one case I have for a L=2.5n, at 5.5 GHz Q ia 20 that means seris resistance is around 0.6-0.7 ohm

good luck.

Added after 7 minutes:

Hi mate

As I said earlier it depends on the process but I checked some reports and for some Si CMOS Tech I found the parallel capacitor around 10-20 fF.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back