Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductor dismatch in lvs - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shhaha

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lvs inductor

I also meet a strange problem in lvs: all parameters on schematic and layout are same but after lvs the inductor parameter of inner radius became zero in layout (dismatch information)while the actual parameter was still no changed.Anyone can help me?Thanks!!

inductor lvs

In the inductor extraction please check if auxiliary layers used for device recognition are being generated and all auxiliary layers are touching the recognition layer. As these layers are used to get the device parameters like inner, outer radius, width, space and turns the extraction may report a zero value if these auxiliary layers are not being generated.

inductor recognition lvs

I met this problem, too. I used the PDK to generate the inductor layout. The inductor in layout can be recognited, but the parameters are different from the SCH. And the inner will often 0.125 larger the the parameter I set, such as I set 5.5, but the extracted layout parameter is 5.625, and this problem have not been solve in a long time......

Re: inductor dismatch in lvs

thanks to rfeda. All inductor are picked from the schematic and I have checked the recognition layer is generated in the layout. I guess the problem is not caused by the case of no generated recognition layer. And I change the inductor turn.When the ture is larger than 1, the LVS is ok.Maybe the reason is the turns of inductor. It needs to be confirmed lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back