Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductive proximity switch sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drozerce

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I have a problem and if someone can help me.

I need a Inductive proximity switch sensor that can measure up to 300mm.

Can someone can help me? All I found was a sensor that can measure up to 100mm, but I need much more.

Thanks

I would like to mention, that a proximity sensor not actually measures distance. It detects metallic objects disturbing it's magnetic
field by eddy currents and switches at a certain disturbance level.

A large detection range would involve a large sensor coil diameter and also a sufficient object size. You may want to build
one yourself, but I don't know, if they are available as a product.

Yes yes, I know that proximity switches detects metal in a certain range, but my question was If someone knows some manufacturers of such inductive proximity switches that can detect metal in a range more than 250mm?
That was my question, and about its functionality, I'm prity awair of.

Thanks again

O.K. I reviewed some of my favourite special automation equipment manufacturers and found promising sensors at EGE.
Pay attention to page 38 to 41.
They also have sensors dedicated as metal detectors, that could span an even longer range. You should better replace the term
proximity by vincinity in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.