Not open for further replies.

TekUT

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inductive charger

I've to do a inductive charger system for a dedicated equipment.
My system have a fixed part (base station) and a moving part (measurement head), after the measurement session the moving part reach the home position and going into the charging state (the moving part have a battery backup inside).
I've did a contact solution by using some spring contact but I'm not satisfied by this solution (oxidation of the contacts) then I like to do some effort into the design of a iductive coupling system able to transfer the power needed to charge the battery inside the moving unit.
All the system is battaery powered (12 V) and inside the moving head I've a 6.0 V battery (5 cell of 1000 mAh NiMH battery type in series).
My charging system should be able to transfer to the load side 100 mA at 7.0 V on the worst case load condition.
Secondary side of the transformer have a inner diameter of 42 mm, I think that a outer diameter of 55 mm can be a reasonable value, gap of 5 mm from secondary to primary inner diameter (no matter about the primary coil outer diameter), the primary and secondary should be coaxial, I think that I can reach best coupling that a simple alignement on the simmetry axis of the two coils.
At now I'm thinking to build a push-pull switching driver for the primary coil, may be also that hard-switched topology isn't the best choice then I can try with some resonant or quasi resonant driving topology in order to reduce the EMI and try to maximize the power trough the inductive link.
What I need is some ideas, suggest, documentation, paper or other hint that can be used to reach the goal.
At now I'm reading the attached paper, if someone have did similar task please feel free to write any suggest.

Of course every result from this study will be submitted to this forum and will be free for every people that need it.

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Pow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…