Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inducing Delay in a signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta11

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to induce a delay in order of usec in a signal if and when it occurs. Using simple buffers or flip-flops delays the signals in order nanoseconds. The required delay is around 0.5usec. Need help with that.
Additionally, if a i use a micro controller, would be it possible for a delay of this order to be induced from input to output from the controller? And lastly, if i do use a microcontroller, wouldn't it be overkill???:roll:

what kind of signal are you lookin at? ... you can always try for a MMV/BMV which is simple enough ... controller especially used for such a task is a definite overkill

Why not use a Monostable Multi? Use one to delay and another to generate your signal.

Should have explained this earlier but signal is actually a data line and i need to match timing with a control signal. Multivibrators may be used for a one-time signal but might not be possible for the entire data. can't vary the control signal so the only option is to induce a delay in the data.

"Active delay line" is what i require in this case. Somebody shared this info with me and i thought i should too..
Thanx for the help guys...!

Status
Not open for further replies.