Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

increasing speed in fpga and vhdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_pourfathi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

How can I increase my processing speed in fpga? I'm using VHDL and my compiler is ISE 7.1. Do you have any suggestion?

Regards,

What if we change the speed grade settings,like -9 to -10 or so?...Does it have any influence on the performance.?...I have a doubt for a long time,that can we change the speed grade to any desired value for a given device or should make it the same value as prescribed on top of the chip?...Plz clarify.Thankx

speed grade is a specification of a FPGA Device. so you have to change the FPGA to achieve different speed grades. :)

Speed grade will be selected when we choose the FPGA for our design.
Having different speed grade on ur software and later differnt speed grade on ur FPGA doesnt work...
the netlist created by the tool will be matched to the speed grade of the device chosen, so better to compile the code to the speed grade of the chip used in the design...

Status
Not open for further replies.