Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increasing LCD brightness

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddwarf4ever

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I hope someone can help me
i have a

Floureon Power Meter Energy Monitor with Digital LCD Display for Power Consumption Watt Voltage Amp Meter Calculator Meter Analyzer​

the LCD display has always been very dim, would really like to brighten it, the device unscrews, could someone tell me if this is possible ?

many thanks

Hi,

Without details I can only give a general recommendation:
* contact the manufacturer

Klaus

Trace LED then locate current limiting resistor or show us. Web images appear to be transflective.

Good in sun, poor with LED.

Are you talking about reflective LCD with low contrast or low backlight? Showing a photo would help.
Don’t know if that helps, or we’re you referring to the internals ? Maybe it’s the backlight, reference being made to LED bit this is LCD aren’t they different ? If it’s just the backlight that’s gone, maybe it can be fixed, was never very bright from new, most of the time need a magnifying glass to read it, thanks

Attachments

• F823993B-D459-484A-9F34-1FF85B725BBD.jpeg
    F823993B-D459-484A-9F34-1FF85B725BBD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 150

Hi,

Without details I can only give a general recommendation:
* contact the manufacturer

Klaus
Chinese, not a hope 🤯
--- Updated ---

Sorry to have troubled everyone, but the device has now completely packed up, shouldn’t have expected much, from something from China, but it’s very difficult to get anything similar made in the UK…..

thank you all

Last edited:

As my meter has now failed, I have looked for a replacement, however even the energenoe one that isn’t made in china has reports of overheating, and the Chinese ones have a worst reputation, it’s a pity it’s not possible to buy a UK device such as this made in the UK without components sourced from China, I want to feel safe when I buy such a device, especially if it’s left monitoring overnight unattended , any suggestions please

They are all pretty much the same, just go for the cheapest replacement.
See if you can open it up and send us a picture of the inside, when they go dead it is usually a simple fault to fix.

Brian.

They are all pretty much the same, just go for the cheapest replacement.
See if you can open it up and send us a picture of the inside, when they go dead it is usually a simple fault to fix.

Brian.
Unfortunately that won’t help if it catches fire in the night, will have to just give up the idea of having one..
quality is an issue everywhere……Chinese rubbish is cheap, so is popular thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back