Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Incircuit Emulator Schematic for z80

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandi_ranjan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
schematic z80

Hi

Where do I find ( www site ) z80 Incircuit emulator schematic.

Regards,
Ranjan Nandi

skematik mikroprosesor z80

If you are talking about ICE schematics you won't find.
ICE it's that special device with a probe fitted on your board instead of a Z80 controller and able to emulate it as if micro was there. These kind of devices are priced in 1K-3K range, thus I'm not expected to see a circuit diagram.
Probably you need a software simulator to test your program and get another approach to test it in real time into your board.

z80 schematic

Many years ago I had a:
Nicolet NICE in circuit emulator for the Z80
It had only 3 chips. One was a Z80 other was another microprocessor with internal ROM. The third was just buffers.
The idea was that the Z80 could be connected/disconnected from the circuit by the buffers.
As I remember the Z80 was controlled by the other microprocessor. Which also handled the RS232 comm with a terminal emulation on a PC. Real time emulation was possible except for hardware breakpoints.
Text commands from the PC were used to modify memory, load program, step, breakpoints (soft), stop and run.

I might try to find it and post some photos and the numbering of the chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back