Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Incident wave and its power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourez

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss mag jsurf

Hi!

I'm solving problem with plane incident wave passing through rectangular airbox which has radiation boundary condition. In the middle of airbox is placed microstrip. I'm analyzing surface current (Complex Mag Jsurf) on it. In real life incident wave produced by klystron and horn provides plane enough wave. Here power of radiation is known and measured in kW. But in HFSS option of plane incident wave supposes using of V/m dimension.

How I can convert the power of radiation into V/m? The area A of cross-section surface is known (square with b side, for example). Which equation for transform should I use?

Thanks!

power incident wave

The electrical field intensity in v/m is correlated to POWER DENSITY (W/m^2), not power.
Power is the integral of power density.

So, you need to know the radiation characteristics of your antenna to get the power density in your interested region.

hfss waveguide power density

I see.
So, if I have source of radiation with power P kW, wave is propagating through rectangular waveguide with cross-section of axb mm, how I can determine filed intensity v/m at waveguide's output? Losses are negligible.
Is there some formula?

incident wave

One way to determine the power in HFSS is to use the field calculator and integrate the Poynting vector over the face through which the incident wave passes. This will give you Power flow. You can then adjust your HFSS / Fields / Edit Sources for the Incident Plane Wave to deliver the expected power near your transmission line.

Make sure that when you check Fields / Edit / Sources, you r are using the Incident Wave solution for the Poynting Vector integration.

wave incident power formula

Ok! Using filed calculator will do, even it will be solution of inverse problem.
Thanks a lot!

Re: hfss mag jsurf

Hi!

I'm solving problem with plane incident wave passing through rectangular airbox which has radiation boundary condition. In the middle of airbox is placed microstrip. I'm analyzing surface current (Complex Mag Jsurf) on it. In real life incident wave produced by klystron and horn provides plane enough wave. Here power of radiation is known and measured in kW. But in HFSS option of plane incident wave supposes using of V/m dimension.

How I can convert the power of radiation into V/m? The area A of cross-section surface is known (square with b side, for example). Which equation for transform should I use?

Thanks!

Hi! I don't know how to use incident plane wave in HFSS. Anyone can help me pls??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back