Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INA186A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suryahw

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Team,
I have attached a schematic for the current sensing. This circuit is used for 100V/10A. Is this current or any modifications are there, please let me know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 56

Hi,

The circuit may be correct or not. It depends on hat you want to achieve.

Input current: unipolar, biplolar, pulsed (what frequency? averaged?) AC?
Output voltage range?
VIO nominal value? Precision? (noise, drift)

Why did you use C283, C284?

Where does this signal go to?
What´ts the expected accuracy and precision?

Klaus

As Klaus said, impossible to say without more info on the application.
My main concern is that the INA186's input pins only operate down to -0.2V (absolute max is -0.3V). So if the load on the battery exceeds 20A (perhaps less, depending on your layout), don't expect proper operation (though if you're using the A5 version of the part, the output would saturate long before you get to 20A). And large surges above 30A may damage the device.
If you're using a low-side sense resistor, a simple differential amplifier is probably a better choice.

Also, the arrangement of R175/R177/C283/C284 doesn't make any sense.

Hi,

The circuit may be correct or not. It depends on hat you want to achieve.

Input current: unipolar, biplolar, pulsed (what frequency? averaged?) AC?
Output voltage range?
VIO nominal value? Precision? (noise, drift)

Why did you use C283, C284?

Where does this signal go to?
What´ts the expected accuracy and precision?

Klaus
Hi KlausST,
Thanks for your response. Input current is bi-polar DC. The output voltage is 84V/10A. The signal goes to MCU.

Hi,

it´s hard to give a good assistance when you don´t give basic informations .. like VIO for example.

You show a current measurement circuit: The input is the current, the output is a voltage.... surely not 84V/10A.

I try it the other way round:
* VIO is critic, because it may introduce noise. Also every fluctutaion of VIO will be sent to the output, because you use it as REF signal.
VIO usually is a "supply" signal and thus not very precise. You can´t rely on it ... unless it is designed as "precision reference" .. but we don´t see this.

Thus I asked about VIO .... and all the other things.

Why no information about C283 ...??

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back