Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INA125 and EasyPic v7 A/D VRef+/VRef- direct connection for A/D conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strasni_betmen

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
INA125 and EasyPic v7 ADC VRef+/-

Hi all,

For A/D conversion I'm planning to connect INA125 5V precision voltage reference to VRef+ on the EasyPic v7(onboard is PIC18F45K22) board and GND to VRef-. INA125 setup and EasyPic v7 board have each own power supply. There's a circuit from INA125 datasheet that I intend to connect to EasyPic board.

I'm not so experienced in electronics so I was wondering if I can connect INA125 5V/GND -> EasyPic VRef+/VRef-board directly?

Kind regards

Attachments

• ina125.png
    ina125.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

I think, you should short pin 4 and pin 15. So that you can get precision +5V output.
Check the output voltage before connecting to Vref+ of uC. If the voltage is stable, then connect to uC.

Best wishes :)

I have 2 load cell parts, one for 1kg and the other for 200kg. The 1kg load cell works good with pins 4&15 shorted, but the 200kg load cell gets the precision reference to drop a little. That is the reason I use attached scheme in which they propose the use of TIP29C if the precision reference voltage drops because of current drain. I just followed instructions and it worked.

I have read something about keeping ADC input imedance below 2k, but could not understand it, so I was hoping somebody could give me some advice on connecting INA125 precision voltage reference with PIC VRef+/- pins for the goal of getting ratiometric configuration and stability on ADC readings?

Anybody have a sugesstion?

King regards

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back