Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In Search of a Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

T805

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. But I need to find a small mains transformer with 220V primary to 12V 100/150 secondary. If anyone can help me out it would be appreciated.

Try googling "class 2 transformer" or "power transformer".

I need to find a small mains transformer with 220V primary to 12V 100/150 secondary. If anyone can help me out it would be appreciated.
Do you need to find a location where such transformer is sold ? Then posting your location will help you getting bettter replies.

Well right now I'm just looking around the web for a place that would sell the transformer I need. So far I'm not having that much luck. But if it will help I live in the Palm Desert area in southern California.

Try googling "class 2 transformer" or "power transformer".

I searched with those keywords and I couldn't find what I need. I am making an EMS circuit, so the type of transformer i need would be one of those small ones with the ratings listed above.

[/COLOR]

I think I may have found what i was looking for on Mouser. Here is the EMS schematic that I'm making. In the paragragh above the image it says I need "a small mains transformer with 220V primary to 12V, 100/150mA secondary"

I found this transformer on Mouser
. Do you think this would work?

Sorry for the confusion. I don't know a thing about electronics. So thanks you guys for the patience.

It would have saved some time and confusion if you'd put up the schematic and circuit description with your first post. EMS has many meanings so that didn't help initially either.:? All that said, the transformer you found will work. It has more taps than you need and is rated for twice the current you require, a little overkill but no harm. That model is made for a circuit board. If you want a bolt in version with wires, you could probably find one. Good luck with your in home electroconvulsive therapy and don't forget to use a bite block to protect your tongue.8O

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.