Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In over My Head...Need Help from the experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitbored

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Not sure if this is the right place to post but thought any of you with knowledge of circuits will probably know how to do this.

I have a small radio that I want to always be ON. So it should only turn off when the battery is taken out. When the battery is placed back in, the radio should be ON. I basically want to bypass the Power button (or disable it). I've posted pictures so you can see what I'm dealing with.

Thanks for any help in this.

IMG_1556.JPGIMG_1557.JPGIMG_1558.JPGIMG_1559.JPGIMG_1560.JPGIMG_1562.JPGIMG_1564.JPG

It appears that your power button is a momentary button (you push the soft button on the panel and a material under the rubber button contacts the ring-shaped pad directly below it).

About the only way to see if it'll be easy to do is to see what happens when the power button is depressed permanently. Try this: Remove the battery, find some way to fix the power button down (don't let it "bounce", since the momentary off-on is what should normally make the radio "wake up"). Once the button is held down, insert the battery. If the radio turns on, then all you'll need to do is open the case and find something that you can fix to the button's contacts to make it stay "pushed down". These are typically capacitive effects, so you may have to experiment with a few items to find something that will work.

In a pinch, you could just stick something on the power button and tape it down, so it's always pressed down. It be kind ugly, but it could work.

It appears that your power button is a momentary button (you push the soft button on the panel and a material under the rubber button contacts the ring-shaped pad directly below it).

About the only way to see if it'll be easy to do is to see what happens when the power button is depressed permanently. Try this: Remove the battery, find some way to fix the power button down (don't let it "bounce", since the momentary off-on is what should normally make the radio "wake up"). Once the button is held down, insert the battery. If the radio turns on, then all you'll need to do is open the case and find something that you can fix to the button's contacts to make it stay "pushed down". These are typically capacitive effects, so you may have to experiment with a few items to find something that will work.

In a pinch, you could just stick something on the power button and tape it down, so it's always pressed down. It be kind ugly, but it could work.

This worked. I just stuck a wad of tin foil in there. :lol: That worked. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back