Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In HFSS antenna sim, Is the reflected Power radiated or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveplumber

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
where does reflected power go?

I have a question about how HFSS handles the power reflected off an antenna input port. Suppose the incident power is 1W and 0.95 W is accepted, does the reflected portion (namely |a|^2*|S11|^2) end up being radiated across the ABC boundary or where does it go? Is it killed of somehow?

Thanks in advance for your insights
Waveplumber.

where does reflected power go

I don't think the reflected power goes across the ABC boundary because I had a scenario where the incident power is 1.0 W, the accepted Power is 0.45 W, and the radiated Power is 0.43 W. If the reflected power were to be radiated, I would expect the radiated power for this case to be higher than 0.43 W. Although I don't think it is radiated, I still wonder how the reflected power is handled in HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back