Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

in gsm900 the uplink frequency is lower than downlink, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munna007

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uplink frequency

hello friends....i m getting confused about the answer of this question....i m hoping for some help here..........thanks...........

what is uplink frequency

sorry to say like this i too donot know the exact answer,but i want to give u an idea so i am replying to u.i think the ans is to overcome the ring around condition which is same as multiple access techniques used in satellite communication.

uplink frequency higher than downlink frequency

In mobile system there are more user than BTS tower. So while finding the exact user transmiting antenna should have to choose the correct one from many user so it has to have high frequency than uplink. As we know that there are very less number of BTS as compared with user....

what is uplink and downlink frequency for bts

thanks all of my brothers for replying........

but i hav studied in book.....

that higher frequencies hav higher free space loss.....now uplink is frequency from mob to bts.....now our mobile has lower power capacity as compared to bts....so we use lower frequency for it so that free spacce loss can be encountered....

gsm 900 up link

why ???
I can't understand

uplink+frequency+for+gsm900

munna007 said:
thanks all of my brothers for replying........

but i hav studied in book.....

that higher frequencies hav higher free space loss.....now uplink is frequency from mob to bts.....now our mobile has lower power capacity as compared to bts....so we use lower frequency for it so that free spacce loss can be encountered....

That makes sense. The mobile phone is powered by battery and we want our battery goes as long as possible. Less path-loss in the uplink (operating with smaller frequency) means that, to maintain the same receive power, the mobile phone needs to transmit less power. This translates to long battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.