Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In Circuit Serial Programmer for dsPIC30F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mousei

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dspic30f

Hi List,

Can any body tell me the simplest circuit for in circuit serial programming for dsPIC30F using RS 232 or USB ?
I donot require In circuit debugger

Thanks in Advance

dspic30f programmer

The most simple circuit is an arbitrary uP connecting the ICSP pins. You have to care for the respective firmware, however. The easiest (and most likely cheapest) solution is a Microchip PICkit2 from the store.

pic30f programmer

FvM, thanks for suggestion
I got the ICSP in this forum under topic of (!!!!Working PIC Programmer !!!!!), I just want to confirm whether this work with MPLAB.

serial hex circuit

I just want to confirm whether this work with MPLAB.
You didn't mention MPLAB at all. To be directly controlled by MPLAB, it must be compatible with any existing MPLAB programming hardware, e. g. one of these ICD2 clones. They may have problems with PIC24/dsPIC however.

A PIC programmer can also work with MPLAB by reading hex files. Any programmer should be able to.

pic30f programmer circuit

Thanks for reply FvM,

But I just want In circuit serial program for dsPIC30F6010 (dont want In circuit debugging) using RS232, whether is possible to interface with MPLAB. I am attaching the pdf schematic circuit of programmer plz confirm whether it is compatible with MPLAB for programming only...

Thanks in advance

dspic programmer serial

Is this kit is in circuit programmer for dsPIC30F6010? If yes, Could you please send me the schematic of your Inchworm kit ?

Added after 3 hours 43 minutes:

What changes require in attached scematic (LVP) to make it work for dsPIC30F (which is not LVP)?

ds pic30f programmer

I used the PG1 circuit from Olimex to create the programming circuit. I'm not sure which software is supposed to work with the dsPIC30f, since it seems that a lot of examples that people give to you are pointed towards chip programmers that don't have it in its choices.

Anybody know the next step after creating the ICSP-interface circuit? Does the PIC need an external circuit to it to interface with the ICSP, or can I hook the ICSP directly to the PIC? I tried the latter and wasn't getting any utility to recognize it :\

Thanks

dspic 30 lvp

The circuit looks really strange to my opinion. I can't imgaine, how e.g. bidirectional PGD (Pin4) is supposed to be driven from the programmer side. Also the ground shift between RS232 COM and uP GND is inacceptable in all situations, where additional connections between PC und uP are required.

I don't know, what's the original purpose of the circuit, but trying to program a dsPIC or PIC24 through it seems as waste of time.

dspic30f4013 connections icsp

the ICSP circuit (simplest) can be found in the help>topics>pickit2 of mplab ide
it works fine and is the simplest

dspic debugger schematic

Alright, I decided to try the Schaer, but I had no 7407N's to use, so instead I'm using hex inverters as my buffer, then feeding the inverted signal into a multiplexer, then used a BASIC stamp to both control a transistor network from the op-amped signal, then the signals are connected to the PIC.

The BASIC Stamp could buffer the signals, then send to the microprocessor, but I'm pretty sure this isn't real level shifting, as the inverter seems to raise the voltage?

Any idea, or just wait for the buffers to come/build the eagle?

usb pic programmer circuit dspic

Can anyone suggest me an ICSP for dspic33F.

Status
Not open for further replies.