Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

improving the group delay of my filter - help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

m229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design microwave filter

hi all;
i want to improve the group delay of my filter; what can i do? can anyone help me?

m229

I guess you are looking for linear phase filters.

Have a look in the manual for Filpro:
**broken link removed**
At the end of chapter 15 you will find a lot of good references:
**broken link removed**

vanderspunk

Sharp cutoff filters usually have poorer group delay. How sharp is your filter?

Re: design microwave filter

1. As another electroda member wrote you use linear filter , that will give you about 90% of bandwidth with equal delay. But those filters are quite complex.
2. Add delay equalizer-sfilsyn, filpro, eagleware, pcfilt can do it for you.
3. Another common method if possible , design a much wider filter that still meets your rejection. Thus you can use the center of the bandwidth which will have flat delay. If fizable this last approach is easy to realize.

an explaination

Dear
suppose i have a bessel filter that is a maximally flat filter and have a flat group delay and have a bad magnitude response (relative to butterworth filter) and i want to improve the magnitude response and have that flat groupdelay.
or suppose i have a butterworth filter that have a good magnitude response but a bad groupdelay response (relative to flat groupdelay), so, iwant to improve the GD.
consequently, i want a filter with a "GD response similar to bessel and magnitude response similar to butterworth".
best regards,
m229

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back