Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Improving Current limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Jonny
The differential amp can use to obtain the difference between the voltage across the resistor and it can amplify you current error signal . but at that circuit because of that , the current sensor ( resistor ) is under the load to ground , i think it is not necessary to use diff amp , here .
All the best
Goldsmith

I was a littile bit scepticle of the differential amplifier because, I said that there will always be voltage across the current sense resistor except at no load. This will always create a positive output voltage irrelevant on the set closed loop gain and therefore I thought that this method can never be precise.. I am I right?

I was a littile bit scepticle of the differential amplifier because, I said that there will always be voltage across the current sense resistor except at no load. This will always create a positive output voltage irrelevant on the set closed loop gain and therefore I thought that this method can never be precise.. I am I right?

Well I'm not sure what circuit you're talking about (there are many posted in this thread so far), but I think I get what you're saying. The differential amp will normally just have the role of increasing the accuracy of the current sensing, and allowing you to use a current sense resistor that isn't ground referenced. It won't replace the function of the error amplifier, which should compare the output of the diff amp to a reference. I suppose it might be possible to use the current sense amp as the error amp as well, but it would require careful biasing...

Build the circuit many factors came out. Like voltage drop on secondary transformer output. This caused the voltage to drop than actually rise on the current sense resistor when the a resistor of 1.5 Ohms is put as a dummy load. The transformer I am using is from a car battery charger rated at 4Amps. I dont think I have control over this issue. I have a bigger transformer 12v output but it is very heavy. Is it the last option I have for this circuit to work or can I use another current limiting method?

Try out this circuit the current and voltage are in-depended current controller.JPG and it also has a fold back option

Dear Friends
when we have no load , the out put of operational amplifier ( current limiter op amp ) , will be about zero .because v+ is zero and -vcc connected to the ground.
So there is not any problem.
Good luck
Goldsmith

Dear FvM
Again Hi
Thank you for your guide to us , but is it possible that you tell us your mean more clearly , please? and is it possible that you offer us , that what value can use for compensation network at this aim , please ? i think that RC network can shift the poles of this circuit to the left of S plane to improve it's transient response . but wee need your again guidance to select them.
Respectfully and with Appreciate.
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.