Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Improvement of gain and directivity of a patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey123

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the best methods for increase in gain and directivity in a coaxially fed patch antenna?

Please help thanks in advance :)

I am getting about 3 dB gain , improvement upto 5-6 dB is desirable. And my peak radiation is towards the right....what could be the reason ?
radpat.png

You can use a better substrate material with less dielectric loss, to reach the values mentioned by pragash. For higher gain, use snake oil.

Antenna pattern: maybe your model orientation in the simulator is different?

usually phi 0, phi 90, theta 0 and theta 90 will be compared to analyze radiatioN. you have all those plot?

I make 9dBi patch antennas (real dBi, not the directivity but gain with respect to isotropic; results are verified in controlled anechoic environment using Satimo tester) can even attempt to make 10dBi patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back