Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

importing company logos on pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

raajgo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends
anyone can please explain me how to import images and company logos in allegro
:roll:

it should be in .dxf fille formate. you have to go file > import > DXF..DXF file should be provided by customer end

Reactions: raajgo

raajgo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks praveen,Actually i tried this using img2cad soft also i didn't got anything

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

it is saying after importing that

Reading Layer Conversion File
Reading DXF file...
done.
WARNING: Unsupported curve-fit, spline, or 3D POLYLINE on line 24
WARNING: Unsupported curve-fit, spline, or 3D POLYLINE on line 134
WARNING: Unsupported curve-fit, spline, or 3D POLYLINE on line 174

[EXCESSIVE WARNING MESSAGES REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

WARNING: Unsupported curve-fit, spline, or 3D POLYLINE on line 5194
WARNING: Unsupported curve-fit, spline, or 3D POLYLINE on line 5234
Layer conversion file: E:/LOGO MAKER/NI logo_l.cnv
DXF file: E:/LOGO MAKER/NI logo.dxf
BRD file: #Taaaaaa02792.tmp
Update existing design?: YES
Use default text?: NO
DXF units: MILLIMETERS
Design units: MILLIMETERS
Design precision: 3
dxf2a complete.

Try and get the DXF format to V12, you have 3d enetities in the DXF file that 2D cad systems cannot import, probably 3D polylines. These can be converted to 2d in the dxf file, not reccomended unless you understand the DXF format. Preferable is to convert the 3d entities to 2D within the 2D drawing package.

Reactions: raajgo

raajgo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello sir,
Thanks for the replay but i 'm not able to understand what you sent.
:!:

DXF is an ascii format for the transfer of 2D (and primative 3D) mechanical data between CAD platforms. Developed by Autodesk in the early 80's. Even though 3D is becoming the norm in mechanical design, there is still a requirement for the transfer of 2D information such as Logo's, outlines, areas etc and this is where DXF comes into its own. I have provided a link below to the DXF site, it is worth getting a basic understanding of the format as you will use it, I have done a lot of Autolisp programming in the past so have an understanding of the format. So a simple explanation:-|
A 2D polyline is a continous line made up of numerous segments joined together and either open (a path) or closed (an outline), (in PCB land we use 2D poly lines for board outline, areas, templates etc), these lines have x,y co-ordinates. A 3D poly line is similar to a 2D polyline except it has x,y and z co-ordinates. The DXF filters for most PCB programs are quite simple and can only handle certain entities in the DXF file, one of these being 3D polylines. The software that has exported the DXF data has by default output the Polyline as a 3D entity. If the program can output an early version of DXF such as Release 12 it may solve your problem.

Hope this helps a bit.

Everything you might want to know about DXF
**broken link removed**

hi

how to import in my board ???

it is image file how to import in my board is it possible to change as DXF file (image to DXF file )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back