Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Importance of SDC in our design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kambadia

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends i tried this experiment..yes it is crazy...Because the person who interviewed me has put this question...

Will the command "placeDesign" still continues to carry out the placement if we miss the SDC..

So i tried with this experiment... so initially i loaded the design before placement with sdc....Soon after the design loaded successfully, in the .enc.dat of this database there will be a tickle file having lines related to sdc..I commented those lines...saved the tickle file....
Then i have given command "placeDesign"....So placement is done...

Now i have several doubts..

will optDesign of any stage will work with out sdc...I would have tried this also..but no time...

So need your help...explanation...and expertise..

you can try continue.I make a try tomorrow,and it is true there is no time.

Please try for sure tommorrow...

I am dealing at tapeout stage of the project..so can't continue with experiments..

so no time for me..

Please share the results and your analysis it would be helpful for both of us.....

placeDesign without optimisation don't care of timing constraints, so I don't really understood the question.

there is no constraints for design.so there is no time and it has no clks.then optDesign of any stage cannot work without sdc

SDC:Standard Desigin Constraints
this is the file generated after synthesis
this file consists of constraints related to AREA,TIMING,POWER(optmization)
max trans,max/min cap. ...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back