Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

import PSPICE simulation data to HSPICE? and vice versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbertomaldito

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pspice simulation

Hi,

Does anybody know how to import a simulation data from pspice to hspice and vice versa? I want to test my designed IC(hspice) with external passive components(pspice). Is that possible? please help.

--andrew

pspice hspice

andrew_matiga said:
I want to test my designed IC(hspice) with external passive components(pspice). Is that possible?
--andrew
Why don't you stay in your hspice environment and create a testbench with your external passive components around your IC?

Another possibility would be to export your hspice netlist into the pspice environment (spice netlists are compatible), add your external components manually in spice netlist syntax, and simulate this netlist.

diac pspice model

Hi Erik

Thank you for replying.
How can I create a test bench in hspice? Im quite a begginer. Or where can I read something about making testbenches?

thank you

--andrew

use of voltage stimulus in pspice simulations

andrew_matiga said:
How can I create a test bench in hspice?
--andrew
Hi Andrew,

I don't know your hspice environment. If you started with a schematic, create a symbol from this schematic, then create a new schematic, instanciate this symbol and all the other (active and/or passive) devices you need for testing, including the stimuli - this is your testbench schematic. Extract the netlist, add the analysis you need, and simulate - that's it.

If you worked with a netlist only, just add the necessary stimulus and test devices to your netlist.

HTH, erikl

import libraries into pspice .slb

If you worked with a netlist only, just add the necessary stimulus and test devices to your netlist.

HTH, erikl[/quote]

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your response.
I have some more questions. I worked with a netlist only (in hspice). My hspice does not have schematic to show. What do you mean stimulus? and test devices? My Hspice does not have the external (off chip) MODELS. I found the these Models and used Pspice Student version and simulated it. In Pspice, I worked with a schematic. But now, I want to use my designed IC (from Hspice netlist) with the external devices I simulated in Pspice(schematic design).

Or maybe, can you tell me what software are you using?
-Andrew

howto .slb .lib pspice

andrew_matiga said:
I worked with a netlist only (in hspice). My hspice does not have schematic to show. What do you mean stimulus?
The power supply for your circuit, and some input signal(s) to put your circuit in action (if it isn't an autonomous circuit like an oscillator).
You better read your manuals (RFMF!) ;-)

andrew_matiga said:
... and test devices?
The external (passive) devices you mentioned.

andrew_matiga said:
My Hspice does not have the external (off chip) MODELS. I found the these Models and used Pspice Student version and simulated it. In Pspice, I worked with a schematic. But now, I want to use my designed IC (from Hspice netlist) with the external devices I simulated in Pspice(schematic design).
So take your Hspice netlist, add the power supply (vdc), your external passive elements from the Pspice netlist (import the external (off chip) MODELS; the SPICE syntax is compatible), add some input stimulus if necessary, the appropriate analysis statement, measurement statements if necessary, and then simulate this extended netlist!

andrew_matiga said:
Or maybe, can you tell me what software are you using?
-Andrew
I use Spectre within Cadence ADE. But this won't help you, unfortunately :cry: .
erikl

how to extract slb in spice

So take your Hspice netlist, add the power supply (vdc), your external passive elements from the Pspice netlist (import the external (off chip) MODELS; the SPICE syntax is compatible), add some input stimulus if necessary, the appropriate analysis statement, measurement statements if necessary, and then simulate this extended netlist!

Thank you for the information, but what about the hspice library I used for my HSPICE netlist? How can I export them to PSPICE? I am actualyl a begginer on both hspice ang pspice.

One more thing, is it possible to use my PSPICE library for TRIAC and DIAC in hspice?

Added after 1 hours 3 minutes:

Erikl,

I just want to show you my circuits both for my hspice and pspice simulations so you'll have a clearer picture of my design.

You said "Spice syntax is compatible both for Hspice and Pspice. Meaning, all the devices in Pspice can be available for Hspice as long as I have the .lib(in Pspice). (example, I have triac and diac libraries for pspice, then , are they useable in Hspice for simulations?)

hspice

andrew_matiga said:
what about the hspice library I used for my HSPICE netlist? How can I export them to PSPICE?
One more thing, is it possible to use my PSPICE library for TRIAC and DIAC in hspice?
The netlist syntax is (totally or at least nearly) compatible. Spice is Spice is Spice ;-) . For the libs see below. I told you, I'm currently neither a Pspice nor an Hspice user. RFMF! I'll attach a few of them.

andrew_matiga said:
Added after 1 hours 3 minutes:
Erikl,

I just want to show you my circuits both for my hspice and pspice simulations so you'll have a clearer picture of my design.

You said "Spice syntax is compatible both for Hspice and Pspice. Meaning, all the devices in Pspice can be available for Hspice as long as I have the .lib(in Pspice). (example, I have triac and diac libraries for pspice, then, are they useable in Hspice for simulations?)
The netlist syntax is (at least: nearly) compatible. For the libraries I'm not sure. At least the Pspice .slb lib is not compatible, the Pspice .lib ? I don't know.

Read the attached manuals! Take the appropriate lines (of the 4 diodes, the capacitor, and the AC voltage source (VAC or VSRC)) from your Pspice netlist (.net), add them to your Hspice netlist, make sure that the node connections are appropriate, and tiny differences in the netlist syntax are corrected. Probably you don't have to import the diode and capacitor models from your Pspice lib; the corresponding Hspice models should be adequate. The Hspice syntax for your AC power supply is something like:
VAC vin vlow AC=120V $ power supply voltage

Good luck! If you don't succeed, post your HSpice and PSpice netlists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back