Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

import matlab script from IE3D (Zeland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doormouse

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
scripting in ie3d

Hi everyone!

I've tried to export a Matlab script of a fractal structure to IE3D, but i don't know how to do it.
I've read something about the ".3dt" format but as well i can't change the matlab file extension into .3dt.

Please i'll be glad if someone could give me any information.

Cheers :?:

Hi, doormouse:

It is not necessary to change the file extension to .3dt. You can just enter the file name with whatever extension you have created into IE3D/MGRID when you are importing the file, IE3D/MGRID will handle it correctly if the file format is correct. Regards.

Hi Jian,

thanks for your reply. But i don't know exactly how to import it to ie3d, i've tried from the ie3dlibrary > users defined..., but it didn't work.

It should be great if you could explain me a wee bit more how could i import it (to MGRID cause it's an structure).

Thanks a lot.

Hi, doormouse:

If you have a file in .3dt format (not necessary with the exact extension), you can select FILE->IMPORT on IE3D/MGRID. Choose 3DT format and select OK. MGRID will prompt you for the file name with .3dt extension. You can enter *.* to list all file. Select the .3dt format file you want to import. MGRID will tell you how many lines are read. After you select ok, it will show you the imported geometry. I think it is straight forward.

best regards,

Hi again Jian,

another doubt. i've tried to import the ".m" like a ".3dt" and the program stops at line 1, quite annoying :). I suppose it is cause the .m should follow the specific patterns of a 3dt file??

The output from my ".m" file is a ".gif" structure, and it gets it with kind of loop, it doesn't have specific coordinates, maybe that's the problem??.

Please if you know something else about how to solve my problem it should be great.

Sorry for my unknowledge again.

Cheers.

Hi, doormouse:

You need to make sure your .m file follow the syntax of the .3dt file. Then, it is ok. If you use some other format, IE3D/MGRID will not recognize it.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back