Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementing FMCW radar on hardware basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

princealpha

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to implement the FMCW radar on hardware basis.

Where can I get an accurate block diagram so that i may be able to implement the fmcw practically. And where can I get the details of the hardware used.

My requirement is as following:

*Detection of target in a few meters may be 5-10m or a bit more.
*Calculate its speed
*find its position from the radar(only distance not altitude)
*Velocity

Give me a general idea of where to start.

My requirements are not very fixed and exact, all I need is to make an FMCW radar in hardware!

Kindly mention about the hardware implementation, I mean give me some idea of which devices will be used!

*Budget is not a problem at all!

Re: FMCW HARDWARE

FMCW design details depend strongly an application enviroment, e.g. if you have to keep a licensed frequency band. This has to
be determined first, also for an academic project. In the below thread, you find a link to an industrial FMCW background brochure.
It doesn't reveal all design details, but gives some interesting insights.

Re: FMCW HARDWARE

Hi Princealpha,

How is your design going on? If you have any idea about available commercial equipments need to built FMCW radar system then please please help me. I am doing my final project on design of Fmcw radar. My project is exactly same as yours so if you get any materials/ information, please reply to the post.

thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back