Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementing ethernet and ACEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan_manuell

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi folks

i have a question that could be resolved from the experiencie i think.

I need to develop a remote adquisition system, the people that giveme the job they have the code for control AD and digitals I/O and was made to work in PC104 bus with and Acex and some max3000. They don´t have implemtented it only simulation.

Now they like to change and use a ethertnet conection to board with UDP and the board just send data when bus it is free.

Now the question is. From your experiencies what could be more easy and quick to implement the ethernet and UDP protocol. Using a chip like IIM7010A from Wiznet or other like that, or could be more easy implemet it from some IP core

I need to make it in 2 months that could be the more problematic. And from TCP/IP i know a little protocol but i havent work with it yet.

Thansk in advance for your response

Ethernet and ACEX

If you can afford to get a pre-packaged solution, then why not go for that... if you can't, then look into implementing your own stack. UDP isn't that hard to implement... tCP is harder.

Re: Ethernet and ACEX

the info are good.

And yes i think that maybe i will use the chip to make sure that the part of protocols work fine.
I the example in fpga4fun are good but i think that i could have the time to implements all and maybe it don´t fit into the ACEX EP1k10 ;)
I have some limitations time, money and chips LOL, here always is the same chip quick and chip ;)

Thanks there friends this will giveme an idea.

Anyone have tried to use the picoblaze of xilinxs on Altera. I read that it is all soft.
I will try to use it to the state machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.